Blue Buffalo Treats Recall – If you have purchased any recalled products, Blue Buffalo urges you to contact them for a full refund.
In February 2019, Blue Buffalo announced a voluntary recall of sure lots of their Blue Wilderness Trail Trays due to potentially elevated levels of naturally-occurring beef thyroid hormone. The affected products were distributed nationwide in the United States through retail stores and online.
If you have purchased any recalled products, Blue Buffalo urges you not to feed them to your pet and to contact them for a full refund. You can visit their website or call their customer service line for more information.
Blue Buffalo’s recall is a precautionary measure to ensure the safety of their products and customers. However, it is essential to know the potential risks associated with elevated thyroid hormone levels in pets. Symptoms to watch for include increased thirst and urination, weight loss, increased heart rate, and restlessness. If you notice these symptoms in your pet, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
As a responsible pet owner, you want to ensure that your furry friend is getting the best possible nutrition and treats. However, sometimes even the most reputable brands can experience issues, as seen with the recent Blue Buffalo treats recall. If you’re concerned about the safety of your pet, keep reading to learn more about the recall and what you can do to keep your pet safe.
What is the Blue Buffalo Treats Recall?
In November 2020, Blue Buffalo issued a voluntary recall of select packages of its BLUE™ Bits dog treats due to potential mold contamination. The affected products were distributed nationwide through pet specialty stores and online retailers. The company stated that the recall was initiated out of an abundance of caution and that no illnesses had been reported.
The recalled products include:
- BLUE Bits Chicken Recipe, 4 oz. (UPC: 859610007820, Best by Date: April 24, 2021)
- BLUE Bits Chicken Recipe, 16 oz. (UPC: 859610007807, Best by Date: April 24, 2021)
What Should You Do if You Have the Recalled Product?
If you have the recalled product, you should stop feeding it to your pet immediately and dispose of it properly. You can also contact Blue Buffalo customer service for a full refund or exchange. Additionally, if you suspect that your pet has become ill from consuming the recalled product, you should contact your veterinarian right away.
How to Keep Your Pet Safe?
While recalls can be concerning, it’s important to remember that they are a normal part of the pet food industry. To keep your pet safe, here are some tips to follow:
- Check for recalls: Stay informed about any pet food or treat recalls by regularly checking the FDA website or signing up for recall alerts from your pet food manufacturer.
- Monitor your pet: Keep an eye on your pet’s behavior and health. If you notice any changes or symptoms, such as vomiting or diarrhea, contact your veterinarian immediately.
- Choose quality brands: Opt for high-quality pet food and treats from reputable brands that have a track record of safety and quality control.
- Read labels: Always read the ingredient labels on your pet’s food and treats to ensure that they are made from safe and healthy ingredients.
- Be cautious with new products: When introducing new food or treats to your pet, do so gradually and monitor their reaction.
Pet food and treat recalls can be concerning, but by staying informed and taking the necessary precautions, you can keep your furry friend safe and healthy. If you have any concerns about the Blue Buffalo training treats recall or your pet’s nutrition, don’t hesitate to speak with your veterinarian for guidance.
In 2023, the topic of “cat food recalls” has garnered significant attention among pet owners and industry professionals. Several brands and batches of cat food have been flagged for various reasons, ranging from potential contamination to nutritional imbalances. Websites like Petful and Hepper have provided comprehensive lists and updates on these recalls, ensuring that consumers are well-informed about the safety of the products they feed their feline companions. Notably, brands such as Freshpet Inc. and Dollar Family Inc. have been mentioned in relation to these recalls. As always, it’s imperative for cat owners to stay updated on such recalls to ensure the health and well-being of their pets.
Blue Buffalo Dog Food Recall 2020
- In 2020, Blue Buffalo dog food underwent scrutiny and concerns.
- A lawsuit was filed against the brand.
- The lawsuit emphasized that a small serving of Blue Buffalo dog food had more carbohydrates than a wild grey wolf would consume in a lifetime.
- Reports surfaced about lead contamination in some of the brand’s formulas.
- The lead contamination cases were eventually dismissed.
- In 2017, the company initiated a voluntary recall for its Blue Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe™ Red Meat Dinner Wet Food.
- Blue Buffalo has had recalls in the past.
- It’s crucial to confirm the 2020 specifics by checking direct sources or the company’s official statements.
Is Blue Buffalo good for dogs in 2023?
- Ingredients: Blue Buffalo is known for using high-quality ingredients in their dog food. They often use real meat as the first ingredient and avoid using poultry by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors, or preservatives.
- Variety: Blue Buffalo offers a wide range of products tailored to different life stages, breeds, and dietary needs, including grain-free options.
- Recalls: As mentioned earlier, Blue Buffalo has had recalls in the past, but it’s essential to stay updated with recent recalls and the reasons behind them. The company’s response to recalls and their transparency can also be indicative of their commitment to quality and safety.
- Reviews: It’s always a good idea to check recent customer reviews and consult with your veterinarian to determine if Blue Buffalo is suitable for your dog’s specific needs.
What dog food is currently recalled in 2023?
- Kaytee: Wild Bird Food Birders’ Blend was recalled on 03/20/2023 due to potential elevated levels of Aflatoxin. Source
- Purina: Pro Plan Veterinary Diets was mentioned in a recall snippet, but the specific reason wasn’t provided in the snippet.
- Blue Buffalo: As mentioned earlier, there were mentions of recalls by Blue Buffalo in 2023 due to “quality issues” and possible aluminum metal contamination. Source
For a comprehensive list of recent recalls, it’s best to visit the FDA’s official website or other trusted sources that regularly update recall information.
What is the Blue Buffalo Treats Recall?
The Blue Buffalo Treats Recall is a voluntary recall by Blue Buffalo of specific dog treats due to potential health risks to pets.
Which Blue Buffalo dog treats are being recalled?
The recall affects specific lots of Blue Buffalo’s Wilderness Chicken, Wild Bites, and Trail Treats dog treats.
What is the reason for the Blue Buffalo Treats Recall?
The recall was issued due to the possible presence of elevated levels of naturally-occurring beef thyroid hormones, which can cause serious health problems in dogs if consumed in significant amounts.
Have there been any reported illnesses related to the recalled treats?
Yes, there have been reports of dogs exhibiting symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, and increased thirst and urination after consuming the recalled treats.
What should I do if I have purchased any of the recalled Blue Buffalo dog treats?
You should stop feeding the treats to your pet and dispose of them immediately. You can also contact Blue Buffalo for a refund by calling 888-641-9736 or visiting their website.
You may also like these:
Discover tips for protecting your dog from the Wahl dog shampoo recall. Keep your furry friend safe and healthy, read now!
Stay informed about the Kirkland Dog Pads recall. Learn the crucial steps to ensure your pet’s safety and how to secure alternative solutions. 🐶🛑
Explore comprehensive insights on Jinx Dog Food, a premium brand. Learn about its quality, range, benefits, and customer experiences.
Explore the comprehensive guide on Blue Buffalo vs Blue Wilderness pet foods, comparing quality, nutrition, taste, variety, cost, and safety!
Blue Buffalo Dog food calories are an important consideration when it comes to feeding your dog. It’s important to choose a perfect dog food!
Discover the pawfect nutrition! Find out the calorie count in Blue Buffalo Senior Dog Food. Keep your senior dog happy and healthy. Woof-tastic!
Navigate the world of joint supplements for dogs: Understand their benefits, potential side effects, and expert advice for optimal canine health. 🐶🦴
What does rancid dog food smell like? Identify rancid dog food aromas: A guide to ensuring your pet’s meal freshness and safety. 🐶👃
Unravel the details of the Blue Buffalo lawsuit cat and dog food: Key allegations, outcomes, and what every cat owner should be aware of. 🐱🥘
This article will explore how many cups are in a bag of blue buffalo dog food and provide the information to make informed decisions about your dog’s diet.
Stay informed with the latest on the dog shampoo recall: Discover the brands affected, potential risks, and essential safety tips for pet owners. 🐶🚿
Dive into a detailed comparison of Blue Buffalo vs. Pedigree dog food, examining ingredient quality, nutrition, and overall pet health benefits. 🐾
Give your dog the nutrition they need with Blue Buffalo dog food. Learn about the benefits of this popular pet food brand!
Important recall notice! Learn about the recent Blue Buffalo Blue Bits recall and what steps you can take to keep your pet safe and healthy.
Discover premium filter water dog bowls, durable food dishes, and convenient travel bowls. Ensure fresh water and meals for your pet on-the-go!